Innovative design has made owning treadmills much easier, regardless of the size of your living space. Gone are the days when treadmills were bulky pieces of furniture that dominated your home. Nowadays, there are hundreds of small-space, mini treadmills that are sleek, slim, and even foldable. When not in use, they can be easily tucked away, freeing up precious rooms in your home. So, whether you’re trying to hit your daily step count or training for your next big race, these modern treadmills are a smart choice for anyone looking to maximize their living space.
WalkingPad, R2 Treadmill
The WalkingPad treadmill is a compact marvel that comes at a premium price. It’s small enough to fit in tight spaces, with dimensions similar to those of a yoga mat. The handlebars fold down effortlessly, making storage a breeze in closets, under beds, or in any other nooks and crannies. This makes it an ideal solution for those who value space and want to exercise at home without cluttering their living quarters.
- Offers 3 different modes
- Can be easily folded for storage
- Handle folds down for added convenience
- Small wheels make it difficult to move around
The OMA folding treadmill offers a convenient and space-saving option for fitness enthusiasts. It boasts 36 pre-set programs and top speed of 8.7 miles per hour. This allows you to customize your workout and track your progress with ease. The LED screen shows your speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate. After use, fold the treadmill in half and move it into storage using its wheels, freeing up space in your home.
- 36 pre-set programs
- No incline
LifeSpan has the perfect solution for turning your standing desk into a walking desk with its compact treadmill. The treadmill can be conveniently rolled out and placed underneath your desk or elevated surface. A small console can be connected to track your steps, distance, speed, and more. However, it’s important to note that this treadmill is not designed for running as its speed is capped at 4 mph, making it an ideal choice for walking workouts.
- No assembly required
- Automatically stops when you step off
- Operates quietly
- Only suitable for walking speeds
Urevo’s compact treadmill is an affordable alternative to the LifeSpan model. It is designed to fit perfectly under desks. The treadmill features an ultra-quiet motor, making it an excellent choice for those with sleeping roommates. Additionally, the wheels make it easy to move and store the mini treadmill when not in use. Overall, the Urevo treadmill is a great option for those who want to exercise without taking up too much space.
- Foldable handle that doubles as a phone shelf
- Can be used as a standalone unit or placed under a desk
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- According to some reviewers, the motor tends to get hot.
It’s an impressively slim and lightweight machine that can easily be tucked away in any corner of your home or apartment. It boasts a range of features including an LED display that offers 12 pre-set workout programs. It has a shock-absorbing belt for added comfort and a handy tablet holder to keep you entertained while you exercise.
- Sleek and compact design
- Folding handle for easy storage
- Offers 12 pre-set workout programs
- Belt-shifting issues reported by some users
- Not suitable for running or intensive workouts.
If you have limited space, you may want to check out the Egofit treadmill. It’s the smallest option on the list and weighs less than 50 pounds. The mini treadmill has wheels, so it’s easy to move around your house. Despite its small size, it has an LCD display that tracks your steps, distance, time, and speed. It also comes with a remote control and an app. The incline is 5 percent, and it can reach speeds of up to 5 miles per hour, which is quite impressive.
- Ideal for compact spaces
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Short and narrow belt length, which may not be suitable for all users
- Fixed at a 5% incline, limiting the variety of workouts
Xterra’s folding treadmill is an excellent choice for those with limited space, with more than 10,000 positive reviews to back it up. It has the appearance of a high-quality, one-piece gym treadmill. It’s complete with a spacious LED screen, a large track, and robust construction. However, its foldable design allows you to store it away quickly and effortlessly when not in use.
- Spacious display
- 12 preset workout programs
- Quick and easy assembly process
- According to some users, it produces a noticeable amount of noise.
This treadmill is akin to the Peloton of treadmills, featuring trainer-led classes designed to help you break a sweat. The deck is also easy to fold up using a simple push, allowing you to free up space when it’s not in use.
- Features a 7-inch high-definition touchscreen
- Comes with live and on-demand workout options (requires iFit membership)
- Offers a wide range of speeds for diverse workout intensity
- The treadmill is relatively larger in size, which might not be suitable for people with limited space.
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S folding treadmill has garnered almost 20,000 reviews. It’s a popular choice for those who want to save space without compromising on their cardio workout. It boasts a high-definition touchscreen display that offers a wide range of on-demand workout programs to choose from. The treadmill features a cushioned and flexible track as well as incline control. It has all the features that you would expect from a top-quality treadmill. Its foldable design makes it a perfect fit for those with limited space.
- Includes live and on-demand workouts (with an iFit membership)
- Adjustable cushioning
- Wide speed range
- Some reviewers say it’s hard to assemble
These mini treadmills are budget-friendly and high-quality options that can be used either while standing or under your desk. It comes with an LED display that allows you to keep track of your speed, distance, and time with ease. Additionally, the machine comes with a remote control that lets you start and stop it or adjust your speed. You can move it conveniently due to its integrated wheels and foldable design. This allows you to store it easily when not in use.
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Offers running and walking modes
- Simple to set up
- A few users have noted that the running belt is narrow.
Overall, mini treadmills offer a convenient and affordable way to stay active and fit at home or in the office. The right mini treadmill for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences, but the options above can really be your best bet.